Monday, December 8, 2008

Italian American Lasagna

My favorite recipe for lasagna is Lidia Bastianich's Italian American Lasagna. (scroll down for recipe) The thing I like most about Lidia's recipe is that she doesn't do the traditional layers of meat, cheese and sauce. Instead she does several layers of sauce and meat with only 1 layer of cheese (2lbs).
I've made this recipe for my Thanksgiving pasta course the past few years. It makes a lot and goes a long way. We usually have enough to freeze for a second time; which is always nice.
I started my holiday baking on Sunday and between that and decorating I didn't really have the time or the energy to cook anything for dinner. So I decided to heat up the frozen lasagna. It held up really well and tasted just as good as it did on Thanksgiving.
I'm submitting this recipe as my entry for this week's Presto Pasta night hosted by Mary over at Baking Delight

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Night. And thanks for the link to Lidia's other shrimp recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds great! I love Lydia! I was going to catch her over in my neck of the woods this past Saturday. She was at a mall doing a book signing, unfortunately it didn't start till 5:PM, and I had another commitment that day. I would have loved to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds interesting and so different from my lasagna. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lidia's recipes are always wonderful.
    My neighbor makes her lasagne every Christmas eve. It is always a winner.
    Yours looks perfect!
    Stacey Snacks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! Lidia would be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lidia, watching her here on RMPBS. Her cuisine is old school and so delicious! When she tastes her food at the end of her segment, she makes me salivate like I am doing now, because I think that you have captured that beauty. Food Hunter have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks scrumptious. It almost impossible to go wrong with An LB recipe. I'll bet this was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. did you use a bechamel for this? lydia rocks and is one of our faves. but if you haven't tried using bechamel in your lasagna, i highly recommend you try it in your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh homemade lasagna equals yum! This is why I love presto pasta nights.

    ReplyDelete